When it comes to the skin, I’m always trying new things. There’s nothing better than coming out of the shower feeling soft and smooth. But sometimes it’s not that easy. There’s so many body scrubs out there, where do you start?! I’m a fan of natural products and Otavea is just that! They provide you with natural body scrubs with essential oils, pure sugar cane base, strawberries, cocoa powder, coffee beans, peppermint, etc all depending on the selection of the scrub.
I was able to try out the Coffee & Chocolate, Strawberry, and Mint body scrubs and they each were their own little experience!
Otavea’s tag line is Grab Me | Scrub Me | Rinse Me.
Below are all three flavors, what they target, the benefits, and my experience with them. xo
Otavea – Strawberry Scrub
- Ingredients: Pure cane sugar, special blend of cold-pressed organic oils, strawberries.
- Issues: Clogged pores, damaged skin, uneven skin tone, acne and wrinkles.
- Benefits: The strawberries in this scrub smooth skin, cleanse and tighten pores while the Vitamin A hydrates and protects against free radicals. Tiny sugar granules soften skin by exfoliation and removing dead skin cells making this scrub great for healthy, glowing skin.
I really loved how soft yet strong enough to exfoliate the skin this scrub was. It comes with actual strawberries inside which is interesting at first to get use to but with the pure cane and the oils, the mixtures feel like heaven! I also noticed a glow on my skin afterwards, specially on my arms and legs!
Otavea – Peppermint Scrub
- Ingredients: Pure cane sugar, special blend of cold-pressed organic oils, peppermint leaves & essential oils
- Issues: Scarring, uneven skin tone, acne and dull skin.
- Benefits: The peppermint oils in this scrub help strengthen and brighten skin cells while the sugars gently cleanse and exfoliate. Vitamin E in the oils soothe and moisturize the skin making this scrub perfect for after a work-out or at the end of a long day.
Oyy, Peppermint! Now this one was a bit intense for me LOL! I laugh because I drenched myself in it, continued with my extremely hot shower and when I came out to dry…OH.MY.GOODNESS… It was extreme peppermint coldness EVERYWHERE. I went into a laugh attack because I was minty E V E R Y W H E R E. I would be careful with this one because even though I felt extremely fresh and smooth afterwards, the initial peppermint reaction on my skin was something to get use to for sure!
Otavea – Chocolate & Coffee Scrub
- Ingredients: Pure cane sugar, special blend of cold-pressed organic oils, cocoa powder, robusta ground organic beans
- Issues: Stretch marks, cellulite, eczema, acne, scarring and wrinkles.
- Benefits: The robusta ground coffee beans in this scrub smooth cellulite while the cocoa powder refines and tones skin. The Vitamin E in the oils soothe, moisturize and boost your skins natural protection. Perfect for scrubbing before some fun in the sun.
This was my favorite scrub! I personally don’t drink coffee but really enjoy the smell of it. This was soothing and smelled so good! I have done my research on the benefits of coffee inside body scrubs and whether it really helps with stretch marks and cellulite and it’s constant yes and no’s but I figured I’d tried it! The fact that it works with acne was really cool too. I focused some of it on my back because even though I don’t suffer from acne, I do get some little ones every now and then when I work out. I also love that it has cocoa powder! Walking out of the shower, I was smelling like chocolate and coffee and my skin was extremely soft! What more can you ask for?
Overall, I really enjoyed this brand, what it stands for and I can’t wait to try other flavors and types! For more information on Otavea, check out their site. What are some of your favorite body scrubs?